WELCOME to TRUTH ... not TASERS

You may have arrived here via a direct link to a specific post. To see the most recent posts, click HERE.

Friday, May 06, 2011

MEDIA ADVISORY May 6, 2011 – Re: CRIMINAL CHARGES LAID AGAINST RCMP OFFICERS - YVR (ROBERT DZIEKANSKI)

CANADIAN CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT (CCRM)
www.civilrightsmovement.ca

MEDIA ADVISORY May 6, 2011 – Re: CRIMINAL CHARGES LAID AGAINST RCMP OFFICERS - YVR (ROBERT DZIEKANSKI)

Issued by Zofia Cisowski, Mother of Robert Dziekanski:

I am pleased that the Special Prosecutor has announced criminal charges against RCMP officers involved in the death of my son, Robert Dziekanski, at Vancouver Airport in October 2007.

It has been a long and painful ordeal over the last 3 ½ years of delay and misinformation by the RCMP. The RCMP should not be investigating itself. I and thousands of others, especially through CCRM Petition had urged the appointment of a Special Independent Prosecutor to review the evidence and recommend charges. The Special Prosecutor has acted against the testimony of the RCMP Officers. Police officers are not above the law and I will await the verdict of the Courts. I hope that justice will finally be achieved in the death of my son Robert Dziekanski.

I am very grateful to Sima Ashrafinia and especially Paul Pritchard and his determination in seeking release of the video that showed what really happened to my son. I would also like to express my appreciation to Justice Braidwood and his Inquiry. His Report resulted in the government finally appointing a Special Prosecutor. I met with the Honourable Barry Penner, Attorney General of British Columbia, on April 21, 2011 and urged him to implement ALL of Justice Braidwood’s recommendations. This is vitally necessary so that no other mother should have to needlessly lose and mourn a child in the manner I have and so that the public can trust and have confidence in the police and operation of justice in British Columbia. I will continue to watch whether our lawmakers fully implement meaningful and proper changes as recommended by Justice Braidwood.

For further contact with me, please call Zygmunt Riddle (604) 868-7070 and for further information please call B. William Sundhu (lawyer) at 250-574-2124.

Zygmunt Riddle
zriddle@shaw.ca

No comments: